Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pure Joy

Count it pure JOY, brethren, when you encounter various trials. For the testing of your faith produces endurance.


So this has been how it has been this year, at least since my hubby stopped doing his business.
I guess that is what happens when you pray for change and for a stronger faith.
I think what I wanted was something easy.

But I am Joyful.
I am blessed beyond measure, no doubt.

But when one prays for faith and wisdom, the result is testing, to be made pure as gold.
We've been reading Revelation lately, and it says in the last part that heaven will have streets of pure gold, clear as crystal. Not yellow or white gold, but Clear, being so pure that you can see through it. Have you ever seen gold like that?? Gold that is so shiny we wouldn't be able to look upon it. Amazing. And that's the stuff we'll be walking on. The God that created me is the God that will make that sort of heaven.

And that same God loves us so much. He sent his son to die for us.
I have a son, and I know how much I love him.. I couldn't love enough to do that.
But God does.
The Joy that he brings is immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment