Friday, May 6, 2011

misunderstood.

The lord knows our thoughts and intentions,
and he weighs and tests our hearts.

But the ways of man will judge falsely and accuse unjustly.

Dealing with this right now.


So thankful that my Lord is close to the brokenhearted, because I am broken hearted now.
I have to trust that he alone can sustain me and that it doesn't matter what others think.
Men and women on earth, with earthly desires and motives (and judgements) are but a wisp of air, a flower quickly fading away.
But my hope lies in the life after this. The life I'm living for has nothing to do with owning things on this earth. That doesn't make sense to some people! Why would I trade owning beautiful things for anything else? Such as specific callings for me that others may think unreasonable?

Think about this.
Did Christ own things?
Did Christ yearn for earthly desires, like material possessions?
(no.)
He went from place to place, traveling, staying in people's homes.
He didn't "settle down" and "get grounded" on this earth!
THIS EARTH IS NOT HIS HOME.
This earth isn't supposed to be comfortable for us!
What am I thinking when I try justifying my actions and my Sinful desires for always wanting more?
Because I do. I am always wanting things.
But that never satisfies me. I get one thing i want then it is old news and I want something else.
It must stop, and I have to not care what anyone else thinks of me, including my family. Whoever it might be, I have to continue to walk in Christ and trust him and wait day by day for his further instruction.

But I don't think I should be judged by what i have or do not have.
That is foolish.


I believe being misunderstood may help me to be further what God is calling me to be.. I sure hope I am continually changed from this horrible worldly woman I sometimes can be.

Matthew 5:11
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."


this post is to help me get out my thoughts today, not to offend or mislead, but if anyone can get a message or encouragement from it, praise God as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment